Recently, as you may have seen on the news, Health Canada released an advisory notice urging Canadians not to use face masks with graphene or biographene, citing risks associated with inhaling graphene particles. The agency is advising people not to wear masks with graphene or biomass graphene because its preliminary assessment of the available research suggests the particles cause early lung toxicity in animals, though the risks to humans are not yet known. This advisory was issued after face masks containing graphene, which were manufactured overseas, were distributed in Quebec schools.
As a manufacturer, equipping our customers with reliable, safe and high-quality products is of utmost importance to us, therefore it is our duty to inform and reassure you that all our masks are made with safe materials and therefore do not contain graphene of any kind.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Important information about Graphene in face masks:
- Graphene or biographene, is a new nanomaterial or material made of tiny particles.
- Recently, in the medical mask manufacturing industry, this additive was used to try and give face masks antiviral or antibacterial properties.
- Antiviral or antibacterial masks are face masks most often made with a material additive designed to kill viruses or bacteria upon contact.
- This graphene additive can be layered onto the polypropylene material used to produce face masks during the manufacturing process, and can result in a black/grey colouring.
- For more information on how to identify whether your face masks contain graphene and how to report these products, click here.
What you need to know about USM Healthcare Face Masks:
- All of our polypropylene face masks are graphene-free.
- Graphene in Face Masks determination test via Raman-Spectroscopy was performed by SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS GmbH in Germany. CLICK HERE for our detailed Graphene-free test reports.
- Our masks consist of three or four layers: two or there outer layers of spunbond polypropylene as well as a middle filtration layer of meltblown polypropylene.
- Our face masks do not contain any type of additive to give them antiviral or antibacterial properties.
- Our face masks have been tested by accredited & certified laboratories to meet EN 14683 and ASTM F2100 requirements for Level 3 medical-grade face masks.
- We produce 100% of our face masks at our facility in Saigon Hi-tech Park, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- We have a rigorous vendor vetting process to verify that our material is produced by reliable, accredited suppliers.
- Our in-house testing capabilities allow us to perform in-coming quality checks on all of our material inventory before it goes into production and to ensure quality during production processes.
- To learn more about our face masks, click here.
WHY BUY our MEDICAL-GRADE MASKS?
When you choose to purchase our medical-grade masks, you are making an informed choice that is beneficial to you. Buying a mask that has been produced by a reliable manufacturer and tested for European Norm and ASTM compliance means you’re buying a quality, reliable piece of PPE.
Manufacturing medical-grade masks by USM Healthcare - a qualified manufacturer with a good quality management system allows for maximum control over the quality of the product that makes it out the door. USM Healthcare is proud to uphold some of the highest standards for quality in the industry.
For further information: If you have more questions, you can reach out to us at the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org